Between 9-10 November 2023 I was working in Lithuania with radiologist, Prof. Rutkauskas. We were joined by Nanja, another physio colleague from Holland. We scanned over 140 patients with musculoskeletal problems at four different locations.
- Intertendinous tear of the peroneous brevis tendon
- Muscle atrhrophy with fat infiltration
- Numerous cases of tendinosis
- Gouty crystal deposits in the patellar tendon
- Scanning for hip dysplasia in babies using Graf method
- Synovial proliferation within wrist and elbow – suggestive of rheumatological disorder
- Ganglion compressing the ulnar nerve in the Guyon cannal
- Scanning and measurments of the median nerve in the carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rupture of the peroneal retinaculum
- Tennosynovitis within the wrist
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis ( 1st extensor compartment)
I will be going back in December to do more scanning.
I am a Chartered Physiotherapist (MSc), Musciloskeletal Sonographer(PGCert) and Master Myofascial Therapist practicing in Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh. I was working in the NHS between 2008 and 2021. I specialize in treating musculoskeletal conditions and injuries.