I specialize in treating back pain. The vast majority of my patients come to see me with this problem.
What can you expect during appointment?
During your appointment, I will carry out a series of tests and talk to you about your symptoms and your medical history. This will help me formulate the diagnosis and set the therapeutic program for you.
We will also talk about your activities with the emphasis on those that trigger/may trigger your back pain. Eliminating triggers from your daily activities very often speeds up recovery and helps you enjoy pain-free life!
In therapy, I use a wide range of modalities to include: manual therapy, therapeutic massage, myofascial alignment and release techniques, muscle energy techniques, neurodynamics (working on the nerves i.e. sciatic nerve)
All my patients receive home program that they need to follow at home. It is what they do outside the clinic that really counts most!
Find out more about back pain from the interview with Prof Stuart McGill
Posts from Physio Blog
- Sciatica symptoms and best exercises
- Physiotherapy in Southampton
- Vertigo symptoms and rehab exercises
- Becoming Master Myoskeletal Therapist!
- Reduce pain, lose weight, be happier
- Back pain relief and self-help tips
- Frozen shoulder
- Lower back pain and high heels
- Low back pain and walking
- Ankle Sprain and Rehabilitation